African History Notebook: Radio Series
Books by Dr. Clyde Winters
Order Books at: Clyde Winters's Storefront - Lulu.com
Notebook is a
series of programs that will appear on The
African History Notebook with host Clyde Ahmad Winters over a three month
Clyde Winters Ph.D, is
Director of the Uthman dan Fodio Institute. He has taught Linguistics at
Dr. Winters is the author of numerous articles and books on education, ancient history, anthropology and Archaeogenetic Studies. His work has appeared in the Journal of Black Studies, Afrique Historique, Journal of African Civilization, BioEssays, Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, Adolescence, International Review of Education, Yearbook of Correctional Education, The Journal of Correctional Education, Thresholds in Education, and TCRecord to name a few. You can find a list of Dr. Winters’ articles and vita here .
Dr. Winters is the author of a number of books including
Teaching Ancient Afrocentric History, Atlantis
This series of programs will be
divided into three parts. The first part of the series will discuss the rise of
Black civilizations in
Ancient Black History Courses
Dr. Winters can provide you with on-line ancient history courses. These courses do not offer College credit. The courses provide you an introduction to various themes in ancient Black history . You can find a list of on-line courses taught by Dr. Winters at the following website On-line Courses Uthman dan Fodio Institute . You can contact Dr. Winters about the Series or courses at : email@example.com .
African History Notebook Videos
Below is a series of videos that introduce each program. It is hoped that listeners to the program will view the videos associated with each program before the show. The videos will serve as a reference—introduction to the nights program.
The Rise of Ancient Black Civilizations
2. On this show we discuss the Asian Kushites. These Kushites belonged to the Maa civilization , and took Kushite civilization to West asia.
3. On this show we discuss the Original Blacks who founded the first civilization of Greece.
4. On this show we will discuss the civilizations of China (Xia) and the Black Civilizations of Southeast Asia.
Blacks in Ancient America
(Part Two )
1. On this show we discuss the origin of the First Afro-Americans in prehistoric America and the rise of civilization in South America.
2. This show will discuss the Olmec civilization of Mexico.
3. On this show we will examine some of the African nationalities that established civilizations in the Americas including the Akan and early Blacks of Mexico.
4. On this show we discuss the Mande discovery of America and the legacy they left us in the Americas.
African Writing Systems
1. This show will discuss the origin of literacy in Africa beginning with the Thinite writing and other writing systems created by Blacks.
2. On this show we discuss the Vai script and how it was used to decipher the ancient writing systems used by the river valley civilizations of Sumer, the Indus Valley and Minoan Crete.
3. On this show we will discuss the Olmec writing and its influence on the Mayan writing systems.
4. On this show we will discuss my decipherment of the Meroitic writing system of ancient Kush.